Saturday, October 27, 2018

Eugenio Montale, "I went down, giving you the arm, at least a million stairs"



How to make a unique declaration of love? 

What to read to understand if it is the right man? What to write on a greeting card or for a special dedication? 

Here's what you need: The 100 most beautiful Italian love poems from Dante to De Andrè. It is a book that presents precisely the ranking of the most beautiful and most famous love poems written in our language in the history of literature, it is a complete anthology also very well illustrated. It is an ideal gift and a book from which you can take inspiration from moments of love inspiration. 

But if you need an urgent sentence now, give an eye after the jump, I leave you some excerpts from the book.


Eugenio Montale, 

"I went down, giving you the arm, at least a million stairs"

I went down, giving you the arm, at least a million stairs
and now that you are not there is a void at every step.
Even so, our long journey was short.

My still lasts, and no longer do I need them
coincidences, reservations,
the traps, the scorn of those who believe
that reality is what you see.

I went down millions of stairs, giving you my arm
not because you can see more with just a few eyes.
With you I went down because I knew that about us
the only real pupils, though so blurred,
it was yours.


EmoticonEmoticon

create you coment

Populer